Search & discovery in science is evolving…Learn More
Introducing Scholarly Perspectives 2010
This is a special series of 55-minute webinars focused on understanding how search & discovery techniques and technologies are evolving in scientific, technical and medical research and teaching.
Webinar format & themes
Each webinar features the following presenters: a library information specialist, a senior researcher and an Elsevier product specialist.
Presenters share their views and insights on the evolving role of peer-reviewed journals and books, including the following themes:
- How electronic platforms are leveraging novel information discovery and retrieval techniques to enhance the research and teaching processes?
- How library teams can empower researchers, teachers and students to achieve improved results?
- How can researchers acquire the right skills to carry out literature search & evaluation?
- How can researchers turn basic research into advanced research & commercial output?
- How can researchers find and connect with other experts?
A short live Questions & Answers session with the attending audience follows the presentations in each webinar.